Hard acrylic foam
Rigid foam boards made by foaming rigid acrylic resin.
A range of densities are available to meet various quality needs.
- ・Mechanical strength:
- Compared to rigid foams of the same density, the material has a higher resistance to tension, bending and compression.
- ・Heat resistant:
- The heat distortion temperature of ST-FOAMAC S is 115℃*.
*According to DIN53424 German engineering standard
- The material can be cut out or trimmed off by tools. Unsaturated polyester, synthetic rubber and epoxy can be used as adhesives.
- A weathering test using Weatherometer demonstrated its resistance to discoloration by sunlight (500 hours).
- ・Cores for sandwich structures:
- Suitable as cores for sandwich structures coated with FRP, aluminium, iron, playwood and decorative laminate
- ・Sports equipment:
- Cores of skis, surfing boards and racket grips
- ・Ships and aircrafts:
- Cores for FRP ship hulls, stringers, decks, airframes and containers
- Cores for X-ray tables
- ・ST-FOAMAC S:
- The standard grade offering the heat distortion temperature of 115℃.
- ・ST-FOAMAC HR:
- The heat-resistant grade offering the heat distortion temperature of 170℃.
- ・Functional Foam Products Sales Group
Functional Foam Products Business Division
The 2nd Business Headquarters